Disclaimer: The author of this fanfiction does not, in any way, profit from the story. All creative rights to the characters belong to their original creator(s).

For Love

by Pout

(oneesan=sister)

“Rukia-oneesan? Can you do me a favor?”

Rukia looked over at Karin and frowned. The use of ‘oneesan’ indicated trouble. Rukia tried to avoid trouble when possible, she really did. “That depends,” she answered carefully, folding her arms across her chest. “What’s the favor?”

Karin hedged a bit before she finally spit it out and when she did, Rukia understood the reason for her hesitation.

“All right,” she answered. “But I think I’d better make a few more calls first.”

* * *

“Wah! That’s amazing!” Orihime cried into the phone. She was with Tatsuki at the time so this is what the other woman heard: “Wow! I’m so happy for them! Eh? What? Oh, oh, yes. I guess you’re right. Hm... Oh. That’s a good idea, Rukia! Maybe, before we...we should...first. Ok, that’s a good plan. I’ll see you there!”

“What was that all about?” Tatsuki asked.

“Ah. Well, see...”

“Oh, shit. Yeah, I think I’m gonna want to see that.”

* * *

“I see,” Ishida sighed wearily into the receiver. “I understand. Of course. But perhaps you’d better call- Ah, good. That would be best. I’ll be there.”

* * *

“You’re kidding.” Renji looked like he was about to laugh when Rukia told him. “You’re not kidding.” Now he was looking more properly shocked. “And they actually want to tell him? Are they insane? God, the whole family’s crazy,” Renji snorted. “All right, then. I’ll see what I can do.”

* * *

“Ah, that does indeed sound dangerous,” Urahara replied slowly with an amused grin on his face. “I suppose I’d better show up.” The phone buzzed as Rukia responded. “My posse? They’re employees. But yes, I’ll bring the posse along. Ah, the things we do for love.”

* * *

“Ok, what’s this all about?” Ichigo demanded. His arms were crossed over the table and he was scowling even more than his natural demeanor usually called for. He was glaring at the people gathered around him, eyeing each individual with distaste. Some shit was going down, he could sense it.

Karin was at the other end of a very long table, and between him and her was an army of friends, family, an annoying posse, and a number of Soul Society captains and vice-captains.

Ichigo waited as patiently as he could, but just as he was about to start throwing a hissy-fit, his little sister took a deep breath and said the words that he was never ever going to be prepared to hear: “I married your best friend last weekend when we eloped in Vegas. Sorry we didn’t tell you sooner.”

Then some shit really did go down.

* * *

Rukia sipped her tea then spoke into the phone. “Yes, it’s a good thing we called in reinforcements. I think you guys should be all right for the next two weeks, give or take. Renji got a lucky shot in and broke a few of his ribs. Have a nice honeymoon. Give my regards to Chad. Oh, and bring me back a box of macadamia nuts, will you? I love those.”


If you would like to provide feedback on this story, please feel free to e-mail me at: poutonly@gmail.com.