Disclaimer: The author of this fanfiction does not, in any way, profit from the story. All creative rights to the characters belong to their original creator(s).

Little Faithful

by Pout

“Dragon’s Three-Claw Talon.”

A zip of metal against the give of flesh was followed by the perfect quiet of yet another absolute victory.

“Nami,” the swordsman acknowledged. “What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?”

He sheathed the katana with the usual careful carelessness and her eyes hardened at the final click of hilt meets scabbard.

“You defeated Mihawk a year ago. As a swordsman, you are the greatest. Are you trying to be the only as well?”

Zoro smirked but said nothing definite.

“Even Luffy knew when to be satisfied. One of these days, you’re going to come back to nothing.”

“We’ll see,” Zoro said easily, turning his back once again, the dying sunlight dripping off of triple earrings and triple swords, drying tight into triple wounds across his cheek.

“This is meeting number two,” Nami shouted after him. “You’d better be careful when you let me find you next.”

Zoro laughed outright and waved a hand without turning to see her turn her back.

Just a little more, she decided as she walked away; she would wait just a little more.

Behind her, Zoro was smiling.


If you would like to provide feedback on this story, please feel free to e-mail me at: poutonly@gmail.com.